Profile picture for SMWELLS

How do I correct incorrect zillow location for my house (wrong zipcode).

Zillow shows my house in the 10512 zipcode, not 10541 where it belongs. How do I get this fixed, if I seach my correct address it says 'not found', neighboring houses can be found, and picture shown is correct. I am looking to list for sale by year end and this will be a real issue.
  • September 26 2010 - Mahopac
  • 0

LOL!  Thanks Robin - finding it could be a rough crowd! But no worries - we all want to serve our communities.
Look for me at the next KW function.
Best
Celeste

Profile picture for robin398
I wish you well here Celeste.  Some of us are brutally honest.  Be prepared.  Good luck.

Thanks Robin - I am new to zillow so didn't know about the phone number.   I won't do that again.

I was however in no way saying Zillow does not provide a great service, both for consumers & agents.  I was pointing out that once a property is listed it should come up correctly. 

Of course direct and honest answers is what consumers are seeking and hopefully is the goal of everyone on this site.

Thanks for the welcome to the community!   Glad to see we are coming "from contribution". 
Celeste

Profile picture for robin398

I just want to elaborate more.  Zillow takes information from public records (property tax IDs).  Also, please answer the questions directly and honestly.  Customers tend to get turned off when Realtors push agency on them.

Profile picture for robin398
Celeste,

Please read the rules of Zillow before posting.  Contact information needs to be in your profile only. This includes your phone number.  Thank you.

Profile picture for Erick Rodriguez
You may just want to click on your house information, click edit and report any problems

Zillow may not pick up on the fact that, although Mahopac is located in Carmel, NY, it has it's own zip code - 10541.  If your house is located in Mahopac, when your LOCAL agent lists it, it will appear correctly on every website.  I would advise of course that you list with an agent that is familiar with Mahopac, has sold in Mahopac and can utilize in the marketing the virtues of the Mahopac schools, commute, conveniences, etc.  You would also want to ask what websites your home will be featured in.  I would be happy to help - Give me a call when you are ready -[contact info removed by moderator]

Profile picture for robin398
Hi SMWELLS,

There are parts of Mahopac that fall in Carmel, NY.  Zillow takes your property's information from public records.  Even though the school district or subdivision might be Mahopac, the municipality/village would be Carmel.  Therefore, the zip code would be 10512.

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group