Profile picture for hotrodhudson

How do I correct my house listing information when my realtor is unwilling to do so?

The majority of the listing information of my home is incorrect.  My agent is unwilling to correct it and for this and other reasons, he will be replaced this coming week.  How do "I", as the home owner, go about getting the information correct on my house?  Some of the problem areas are, square footage, number of rooms, number of garage stalls, as well as the search criteria such as "horse" or "horse facilities" and even lot size searches.

June 16 2012 - Elkhorn

If the majority of listing information is inaccurate, go to the agent's broker in charge and ask them to have it corrected.

If your house is listed for sale by an agent, all edits have to be done by the agent.  If not listed for sale, you can claim your home and edit the home facts (including the description to add words for key word searches).

Instructions can be found by clicking on "help" at the bottom of the page.

Profile picture for TerriTyler
i OWN A HOUSE THAT ALSO HAS HORSE PROPERTY - I AM JUST CURIOUS WHETHER YOUR AGENT VIEWS THIS AS A DETRIMENT OR NOT, WHEN I BOT YEARS AGO, I WAS TOLD THIS INCREASES THE VALUE OF THE PROPERTY.  HAVE YOU FOUND THAT TRUE OR FALSE?

Hi, hotrodhudson, 

It is a challenge to answer your question specifically, when I don't know where your listing information is located. Oftentimes, there are good reasons why an agent may interpret house details differently than the client. Some of those reasons may be that the house has been added to, but the work was done without permits or licensed contractors. Other reasons may be that the agent is trying to reach as many potential buyers as possible or that the official lot size of record is inaccurate. Agents want to have the most accurate property descriptions available. After all, it is their reputation on the line too! Hope this helps you.