Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr

How do I delete the posting from owners.com that appears here? It has overridden original posting

I posted my home for sale on Zillow on 8/17.  I recently also placed a free ad with owners.com. Now when I search under "springfield, il" the only posting that appears here is the bland posting from owners.com.  When I sort by "Days on Zillow" my original posting doesn't appear unless I type in the address 4820 longfellow dr, springfield, IL.  How do I get the owners.com posting off and revert back to the original?
  • September 10 2011 - Springfield
  • 0

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Hello Neil
Thanks for the info.  Have not tried it yet.  Had an open house this Sun and will hopefully have a signed contract.  If not, will try to see if that works on my end.

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Hello again
I finally was able to talk to the City of Springfield and verify that I am in the city limits.  Question 1 - Can this be changed on your map database to change the city limit lines.  Question 2 - If not, how do I edit my location.  I've read the previous posts for editing the location of a home but they are posts from 2007 and 2008.  Thanks

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Hello Wetdawgs

I'm not computer savvy and don't know how to cyber walk back to the source of the maps using www.maps.bing.com.  I got on that site to see what they have for boundaries but don't see any markers.  I pay Springfield city taxes only,have a Springfield address, allowed to use the Spfld library, the Sfld fire dept would respond to calls, etc etc ....so I'm at a loss for why I would not be in the city boundaries.

Thank you for flagging it so that Zillow can take a look.  I sincerely appreciate it!

Thank yo

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Neil
I did the search 2 times under Springfield, Illinois and did not find my house under the 118 days.  That is very strange.  It has definitely been on Zillow for 29 days

Good question.  At this point I'm wallowing beyond my knowledge (I'm not a Zillow employee), so I'll flag it so Zillow can comment further.   (When I look at the map, I am seeing boundaries suggesting that it is outside Springfield.  Have you cyber walked back to the source of the maps www.maps.bing.com to see what they have for boundaries?

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
No I am definitely in the city limits.  The house down the street (223 Blake Ct, springfield, il) come up by searching under the city.  But both houses next to me (4800 Longfellow and 4830 Longfellow) don't.   They have been for sale 300 and 311 days.  I don't get it.  we are all in the same location.  Is there any way to change this?

When I search by zip code I can pull it up. Is it possible your home is just outside city limits?     If that is the case, Springfield only pulls up homes within official town limits.

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Thanks.  I can get to the posting clicking on that link. 

However, when I type in "springfield, IL" in the search criteria and search by days on zillow, it's not there.  It should appear at the 29 day point. 

Will you please try it and see what you get.  Any potential home buyers will search by the city and will not be able to view the posting.

If you find you can't see it either by typing in the city, state in the search criteria, please tell me what can be done to change that.  Thanks!

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Hi Neil
The address is 4820 Longfellow Dr, Springfield, Il 62711.  Owners.com
said they update their feeds nightly.  I just contacted them this morning. 
Anything that you can do to get that post off and my original back in your
system would be greatly appreciated.  My original post is the one with a large number of pics and my web address as the vitual tour link.  It was first
sent on 8/17.  Thanx!!!!!!

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
I have contacted owners.com to stop the feed to zillow.  how do I inform zillow to delete that ad and return to my original w/all the pics and website info. Thank you!

Zillow can control posting within their system, but can't delete feeds.  Zillow is also staffed primarily on weekdays.

Profile picture for 4820longfellowdr
Thank you...Unfortunately, I cannot get into an owners.com account.  I really never realized I was signed up under this site.  It just appeared after I was playing on the site to see how it worked.  I tried to delete the posting but it doesn't recognize any of my e-mail addresses.  They are only open on the weekdays so I will call on Monday.  I just though there was some way to tell Zillow that this postings was not authorized by me and delete it.  Thanks for your help.  

You will have to go to owners.com and remove the ad, or at least the feed to Zillow