Profile picture for mattpkaiser

How do I determine where my listing info is coming from?

My house (12715 27th Place, Plymouth MN 55441) is listed with 18 pictures and different details then is on the zillow site.  I found a problem with my listing through coldwell banker and had them update their site yesterday.  My listing is still not updated on zillow?  How do I determine where they are pulling the data from?
  • September 13 2012 - Plymouth
  • 0

Hi Matt,

Everything feeds from the MLS, so once your agent has updated it in the MLS, it will automatically be corrected. It takes some time for these third party sites to receive and update the information - perhaps a week for Zillow. I would check it in about a week to 10 days.

If you know of anyone else looking to buy or sell, please let me know. I would be happy to help them.

You can edit your listing directly on Zillow. This is not the only website that pulls information WRONG from our MLS a bunch of websites have the same problem. 

I have had to edit my listings repeatedly directly from Zillow, but not every realtor focuses on online marketing or is on these websites. If the problem does not get fixed within 24 hours (from the MLS) ask your agent to do it directly from Zillow.

Ask your Agent DID he post the corrections to Zillow also?

You can figure out where your listing is coming from by opening the home details page and scrolling to the very bottom.  Yours does appear to be coming from the Coldwell Banker site (link).   Usually sites refresh with Zillow between every 24 to 48 h.

Most MLSs are not syndicated with Zillow, so the recommendations to change it in the MLSs may not be effective especially as it is clear that it is feeding from the Coldwell Banker feed.