Profile picture for Paul4444

How do I evaluate a house that has two different zestimates bec it strattles two towns?

I have found 14 properties that strattle the Niskayuna/Schenectady border. All have two zestimates, one reflects the part that is in Niskayuna and the other the part that is in Schenectady. Do I add the two zestimates together to get the actual zestimate for the house and property?
  • Question refers to 1342 Keyes Ave, Schenectady, NY 12309

Profile picture for Paul4444
That might work if the entire property was included in each zestimate, but in these cases only half of the property is included in each zestimate. In almost every case the larger zestimate comes from the part of the property that contains the house and the smaller zestimate is the back yard of the house. If you were to add a back yard onto a property I don't see how the zestimate would go down (average of the two properties would be lower than the higher zestimate). It would have to go up. My question is how much it would go up. It would seem more logical to add the two zestimates because each zestimate was arrived at independently.

Profile picture for agentblu15
If had had to choose, I would probably go with the zestimate for whichever town/municipality the property is taxed in.  If it's taxed in both, I'd take the average of the two zestimates.