Profile picture for etindeed

How do I find a buyer's realtor who gives a rebate after closing?

• March 09 2014 - Gig Harbor
  • 0

hi, you can find one on Zillow and also by doing a google search...click on my name above to see my profile and website link...good luck!

Profile picture for UpNest
We created our website, UpNest, explicitly to help home buyers find top realtors® who compete to give commission rebates  [Promotion and website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

You can always ask individual agents about whether or not they offer rebates. You could also consider an agency like redfin where the rebate amount is stated up front. 

Profile picture for etindeed
Thank you Dunes for your help, I appreciate it, and thank you Michelle, Helen and Tim, for all the valuable information you shared.
And once again, please everyone, especially Michelle, forgive me for not writing the clearest question, I am very sorry for causing a misunderstanding.
I do very much respect the hard work realtors do and do not have anything against the profession. 

Thank you for clarifying etindeed. I appreciate that. I was really asking the other professionals to correct their very harsh statement of "Michelle is totally wrong" as that is very unfair and inaccurate. Good luck in your search.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
I normally do not do this because I figure it ain't my job ;)
However just because

Here's a couple that popped up (There were others)...I know nothing about any of them
Redfin ...Our Gig Harbor Real Estate Agents

Action Real Estate...serving Gig Harbor

Profile picture for etindeed
Michelle, I already apologized for using a wrong preposition. English is not my mother tongue; so please do apologize. There was a misunderstanding involved.
And to Helen; I am not asking buyer's agents to give up their commission. I agree with you that it is hard-earned money showing dozens of homes to someone, sometimes for a long period of time plus everything else that is involved. I won't be one of those buyers; I'll be a quick one. I am just looking for the persons who have made the decision on their own to share their commission with their clients, since I do know they exist.

Please correct your comments I am not "completely wrong"!! The person clearly states they are looking for a rebate AFTER closing which obviously indicates it would NOT be on the HUD and is "completely" illegal!! I hold a real estate license in the state of Ohio and an Operations Managers license in lendinf that required exstensive federal and state testing surronding RESPA, HMDA, ECOA, TILA, so beleive me I am certainly qualified to make this statement. As I stated at the beginning of my initial reply "if I understand what your asking" meaning if you are asking for a legitimate rebate AT closing then that is totally different. The difference needs to be very clear!!

Profile picture for etindeed
Maybe I'm not good at googling since I only found one law firm that charges $75 / hour for door opening after a certain amount of visits. And a couple that seemed to be web based companies. No "real" companies or realtor names. 
Oh, and to Michelle; maybe I used a wrong preposition in my question. I guess I should have used at instead of after. In that case you may have been right.
Thank you all for your help.

Dear etindeed,

Tim is correct, rebates can happen but they have to go toward buyer recurring or non-recurring closing costs and have to be disclosed on the HUD-1 statement; they can't be done outside of or after escrow closes. 

As an aside and this is my personal sentiment: I wonder about buyers and sellers who seem to have no trouble in asking for realtor commissions to be paid to them as though the work, time, effort, knowledge and expertise put in solely on your behalf, shouldn't be paid in full.  Would you ask any other professional to give you part of their salary after you've received their professional services? Would you willingly give up your income to people who came to you and said they would only work with you on condition that you pay them a portion of what you've earned? 
Just saying.

Best of luck to you.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Just shop around..shop smart
I googled and found several Agencies/Brokers in the Gig Harbor Area that offer Buyer Rebates

As far as "used by companies that are not the best at what they do" & "one of those things one reads in the back corners of magazines or sees on late night TV"...
Buyer Rebates happen and imo are not offered just by those who ain't as good
Thatsa my opinion....It's an option available in most States and consumers should be aware of their options.
Simple as that

YOU'LL need to do some serious thinking about what best works for you in your situation and which road you wish to travel....I wish you the best of luck whatever you decide

Profile picture for etindeed
Yes, Michelle is totally wrong. We live in another state, and I personally know realtors here who do it. They are not necessarily the youngest or most inexperienced here, more like serving a specific target audience, like coming from the same country their clients are. And believe me; they have a lot of business, just specific target audience.
I've been through this process before; therefore yes, this is my top criteria. Since I've studied the law, I just basically need a door opener. I can check that everything goes to the letter myself.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Michelle is totally wrong and I imagine many Realtors don't know the law all that well. Of course a rebate is legal, it just needs to be disclosed on the HUD sheet. It is rare and often used by companies that are not the best at what they do. Think about it, do you think that company will attract the best agents if they give some of the agents commission away to the buyer? NOPE, so they often get the green new agents that are starting out, plus those companies are rare and not in all areas.

a rebate after closing?? If I am understanding your question the answer is you don't. It is completely illegal for any agent, lender, title co., etc to give a "rebate" outside of closing. So the only agents you will find willing to do that will be the ones that are no longer licensed or currently in prison for doing something like what your suggesting in the past.