How do I find a home by MLS#

August 06 2012 - Idyllwild

Thank you all for your quick replies. I'll take each of your suggestions.
~Lori J

The most accurate way is to hire a Realtor that knows the areas, communities and how to use the MLS. If you're loyal to your Realtor, a good one will be loyal to you and work very hard to find you the best home in the area you desire at a good price.If you prefer to work on your own without being in contact with an agent at first, use a good website that will allow you to access what is known as an IDX service.
An IDX service has access to the MLS and is pretty much up to date.
For example, in SW Florida where I focus (It's a fairly large area.), my websites have free access to use an IDX service. You can see what I mean by going to http://www.homespuntagorda.com    Click on the second link down and it will allow you to enter criteria to keep your search and results relevant to your desires in a property.  The link will be on the left and say: "MLS Search".
This way you can get to know prices, areas and much about the market area(s) you're interested in.
Some websites require registration. (Mine does not.) We understand that when you first start shopping, you're mostly curious about several things and just need some basic information prior to moving forward and getting more in-depth.
There's no replacing a good agent/Realtor however. In nearly all cases  that I know of, the cost to the buyer is free or nearly free of charge so there's no advantage of not using one.
I used to feel that way but now when I walk into a store, one of the first things I ask for is a representative or person that can help. It saves me time and much looking around.
Keep in mind however that the information, even in the MLS can change often, especially in active markets so the most up to date info is always through an agent. The MLS has rules in place in every state that I work in that states an amount of time that the parties have to keep the information current. If the listing agent does not update the listing status and information in a timely fashion, it may not be accurate.
Save yourself the time and trouble. Your time is worth something too so use a Realtor and Good Luck!
Bill
The According To Hoyle Group
Youor SW Florida Real Estate Connection
941-235-3528

Another great source to search by MLS # is: http://metrolistmls.com

Try Realtor.com. There is a place to search by MLS#