How do I find a real estate agent that can help a Canadian purchase U.S. Property?

I'm Canadian and want to purchase a property in SC or NC for rental purposes as well as for my own vacation enjoyment and retirement. How do I find a qualified real estate agent in those states that I can trust and that can help me with this investment decision?
  • September 03 2014 - Myrtle Beach
  • 0

I work closely with a specialist in the vacation rental industry here in Myrtle Beach. I can get you in contact with him and go over important aspects of the rental investment side including occupancy rates, owner expectations, advertising, profit splits and income generation. I've learned a lot from him due to the fact that he only deals with the numbers when it comes to vacation rentals, especially short term (weekly) rentals. Feel free to contact me with questions and I can get you in touch with him as well. He's a beast when it comes to advertising and getting the most out of your rental. We can also guide you to the best properties which generate maximum profit. Hope this helps!

Profile picture for Donna Ross2
Hello, I am a Resort and Second Property Specialist. I have worked with several Canadians and am currently working with two right now. I have access to lenders, insurance etc. if you want a vacation home, I have access to management and rental. Contact me at donna@rossrealtyflorida.com

Profile picture for Tara Melech
Hi There,
There are several agents who have worked with Canadians and have networks that involve attorneys, lenders, etc, to help with getting your answers and needs met throughout the whole process.

Leading Real Estate Companies of the World® is a collection of over 500 of the finest residential real estate firms around the world.  LeadingRE.com connects you to our local market-leading companies with powerful global connections and the highest commitment to competence, service and integrity.

We have many members in Canada and we can cross communicate on a personal and direct level to help make the process that much smoother. I hope this helps.  

The best option for you is to take a Realtor who is certified as a Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist. They received special education and training on issues involved with those property purchases and upkeep.

If you need a recommendation let me know.

Annett T. Block
Florida Connects Inc.  

Good morning!  I used to live and work in Myrtle Beach and would be happy to recommend someone to you.  Additionally, I would love to assist you with your mortgage!

I look forward to hearing from you!