How do I find buyers in this market?

Do open houses bring in buyers in this market?
  • February 10 2009 - Las Vegas

Profile picture for jessica_51882
I'm looking to relocate to the Vegas area later this year and have started looking at real estate.  I'm primarily interested in foreclosed properties simply for the reason that banks will be more open to negotiations because it's a business transaction rather that putting an emotional price tag on their home.  I have found realtors to be at one of two extremes.  They either don't respond to requests for information or respond like flies to roadkill.  This isn't specific to Las Vegas realtors, I had the same problem during my last home purchase 2 years ago.

Posting info online is the best way. Many borrowers do research online prior to even calling a realtor. Make sure your homes are listed everywhere you can get them online.

Price and marketing will bring buyers in the door.
Availability of home to show, and the home being perfectly staged, will be necessary once they're through the door.

But, it doesn't end there.  Once you find a buyer, you need an expert on your side to guide you through the offer negotiations, the inspections, the appraisal and all the way up until the closing.

Make sure to hire an agent that you trust and will want to work with until the closing.

Profile picture for ded_spyder
hello,

i will be purchasing a home in vegas this year.. i've been attracted to homes with:
- lots of pictures online (on realtor.com and zillow)
- lower prices (80K+)

can't speak for everyone, but i'll do most of my own research on the house.. so i really look to my agent to know the ins/outs of getting a good loan, closing costs, contingencies in contracts, home warrantys, etc etc..
i think the more you know about these, and the more confident you are with helping the buyer/seller keep things fair on paper, the buyer will trust you more and you will get repeat business
(most buyers i know go with a friend's realtor)

hope that helps :)