Profile picture for DottyDeMeulenaere

How do I find listings for houses in $150,000 range

• September 06 2011 - Spanish Springs
  • 0

Good point Rickybeach.  I apologize for not noting it because I was broadsided with how many posts had agents forgetting that contact info is not okay in posts

@wetdawgs The very first post, mine, gave instructions for Dotty to use zillow's price range search.

LOL

I'm sorry maybe my link was too small in the thread below. Here is a bigger link to the Northern Nevada MLS site. I hoped it would be useful if Dottie was still looking in that area.

.

P.S.  All these posts, and Zillow hasn't allowed one of them to post a website where the consumer can search for homes on the MLS.

Most MLS systems that I look at have a public portal that is easy to use. If you are still looking near Sparks you can use the local Northern Nevada MLS site to search here. It's free.

You could also contact a local agent in your area. They can send you a tailored MLS list by price, school, square footage etc. Most agents would be happy to set up a search and email you updates. Hope it helps.

FYI... A scraper site is a site that doesn't originate the information but rather redisplays what it finds online at other portals.

Zillow is not a 'scraper' site. They receive their listings from feed arrangements with brokers and other industry sources.

If Zillow were a scraper site I wouldn't have to manually list my listings onto their site. My broker doesn't have a reciprocity agreement with Zillow and neither does my local MLS.

Be careful of biting the hand that one day may feed you.

@Cameron:    Sounds like something that may have been useful. 

If you wish to insult the place you are playing, you might find that potential clients are reading your messages now or even a year from now to get an impression of your style. 

Wetdawgs - the link was NOT to my personal website, but a website which allows a consumer to search the actual Multiple Listing Service (not a scraper site like Zillow, Yahoo, Trulia, etc.).

@Cameron: I don't know what the moderator deleted from your post but will speak up anyway.  Zillow allows links to many websites including competing websites.   However, they don't allow professionals to post links to their own websites within the posts.  (This is described in the Good Neighbor Policy linked in the moderatoer edit to your post).    Zillow does allow your websites to be as part of your profile information.   Therefore, the work around I often see is the phrase "please click on my picture to access my profile where you'll find...." (or as words as appropriate for the situation).

It is easy to play by Zillow's rules if one spends the appropriate time developing their Zillow profile.    As a consumer, their rules make a lot of sense and I appreciate them.  Apparently you don't!

However, I was surprised that not a single professional took the time to tell the person asking the question how to use the Zillow search engine, which works just fine and can be supplemented by many other search engines.

Hi Dotty - You've made a valiant effort at getting a serious answer to a good question.  Unfortunately, you've come to the wrong real estate site (per Zillow's rules).  Zillow will not allow us to answer your question and direct you to the websites that have the information you're looking for (this is not it). They don't like it when you go to another real estate site for information they don't provide on this site.   I get the feeling that they want you to have ONLY the information on this site and if it's not here... they don't want to help you get the information you seek elsewhere.

Zillow Moderator:  Why would you allow the question if you won't allow the appropriate answer?

It depends on your location.  In Southern California, you may [Promotional hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]
(this is a direct link to an actual Multiple Listing Service portal... not a surrogate... accurate to the minute... unlike most internet sites including the big Z)

I wish I could give a thumbs up for all the "removed by Zillow moderator" on this thread.

Apparently every agent posting here so far has deserved that message.

[photo with promotional caption removed by Zillow moderator]

Just ask me to create an active home search meeting your criteria in areas you're open to purchase in...you'll also be able to do your own searching in the site I will enable you to view...Since I represent a primary agent for asset managers and banks...I have access to over 350 plus exclusive listings from REO's to Approved Short Sales in every budget! Have you been pre-qualfied?

Profile picture for Dunes....
Pretty much any site has a Price Range you can set your Search for..

Here are some sites you may not be aware of created for the Public to use for Free...

Many Banks have Sites where you can view which Properties they have Listed For Sale (REO)...along with a lot of other information

Sites like...Bank of America...Wells Fargo

You can find links to Bank sites here...Link

The Gov. also has Sites so you can View the Proprieties they have for Sale and get information

Sites like...HUD Homes...Fannie Mae
You can find the links to all the Gov sites here...Link

Dotty
I usually set up a free personal web page for my clients. I get your criteria and set up a search and send you a link to your personal property search web page. If you have been pre qualified with a lender and we know what you are comfortable with as far as house payment we can start looking when you are ready. I can also video most homes for out of town buyers. I hope I was able to help.
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
[contact information removed by Zillow moderator]

Dotty,
There should be a price range option when you search for homes under the "homes tab". Enter the price range you want and you can either adjust the map to the area you want or enter a city/address.

You can also have a local Realtor set up a search for you from the MLS so you don't have outdated information.

Ricky Beach
Broker/Realtor