Profile picture for Polly henninger

How do I find out the estimated value of my property?

I can't recall how to use this service.  I do not want to sell, just know the value.  I don't want the information passed on to someone else.
  • October 05 2011 - Pasadena
  • 0

Zillow is only accurate to +/- 8%, and a deviation of up to 40%.  If you want aan accurate estimate, hire an appraiser.  This will cost anywhere from $300 to $400.  If you want a free estimate, look for agents who list most of the homes in the area.  They will give you a very good idea for free.
Hope this helps
Tom

The best estimate of your home value will come from an appraiser (for a fee) or a Realtor. I would suggest contacting your Realtor for a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your home.

To get a more accurate estimate of current value, I would definitely suggest having a local agent put together a Comparative Market Analysis for your property.  They will be able to access (and provide you with) information on homes currently on the market as well as homes that have recently sold.  If you are interested, they will also be able to provide you with information on average & median days on the market.  The estimates that you get online really do not provide the most accurate information.  Just find an agent who is experienced in your area who is willing to provide you with a Free CMA.  Hope this helps!