Profile picture for andrea neese

How do I find out the value of a piece of property if it is not for dale?

I am interested in buying a piece of property at the beach, it is not on the market yet. 
How do I look up the value on Zillow?

August 30 2011 - Emerald Isle

If it is not on the market, have you talked with the owners and asked them what they are pricing it at? And if they give you a price, ask them how they arrived at that price, they may have hired an appraiser, ask to see the appraisal. If that doesnt work, call a local realtor , and ask them to do a comparative market analysis , however, I will tell you, that it is difficult to do one without knowing what upgrades the house has, which could include hurricane windows, shutters, whether is CBS construction or not....and the cosmetics inside.
If you don't have an agent, click on my name or anyone on these boards for a referral or go to Professionals at the top of the page and look for a local one. Love that area, I get there as often as I can.
Sharon
Raleigh, NC

In that case, I would contact a local agent to look up comps for that specific piece of property.  Just be upfront that you're looking for a market value, it's not difficult to do unless it's a very unique property.  Good luck!