How do I find out what rents I should be chargeing ? I think I have fallen behind !

two bedrooms, one bath, I pay the garbage, off street parking.
  • May 14 2013 - Menlo Park

Never, ever use an asking price to calculate value, period. Always and only use sold or rented values. These are the true indicators of value. These sold/rented values are what appraisers, banks and brokers all use.

That is the ticket to success.

How to find them? You'll probably have to make some calls, or have someone else do it on your behalf.

edit: You'll want to call or email those that have listed their homes for rent and successfully rented it out, and politely ask what they managed to get for their place.
David

spend some time looking at rental listings on both this site and craigslist to see the asking prices.