Profile picture for psouza9

How do I find out which agent is the most prolific producer in a specific area?

I need to sell a vacant house that has a mortgage.  I will use a full-service agent, but prefer one who doesn't just collect listings and "sit" on the property.  I want one who is active representing buyers and will bring more traffic to the property
  • July 16 2014 - Nashville
  • 0

Ultimately, if I were new to an area or didn't know the right agent here's what I would do.  Call the top agencies and ask the Brokers there, who is their top producing listing agent by transactions closed.  Then, if I wanted to take it a step further, I'd ask that agent how many of their listings have expired/withdrawn over the past 12 months and didn't sell at all.  That would let you know that the agent is A) listing/selling a lot of homes (which means they're probably marketing correctly to most of the important avenues & B) They aren't just listing a ton of properties for whatever price the seller wants and sitting on it, but are instead selling a large number of what is actually listed.  Hope that helps!

well - you asked this back in July - did it sell?

Profile picture for FlintAdam
I think a slight adjustment of your expectation might be needed. Any listing agent worth their salt will market your property to the best of their ability. This includes listing your property on the Middle Tennessee MLS (a service provided by REALTORS) as well as distributing it across dozens of other platforms.

But while you have one listing agent for your property, there are literally hundreds - if not thousands - of other agents in Middle Tennessee who are representing clients this very moment. Mathematically speaking, there is a much greater likelihood that another agent will ultimately "bring the buyer" rather than your listing agent providing both sides of the transaction.

As a mentor once said to me, though, "I may not be the one who sells your home... but I will be the REASON it sells." Meaning: it's a listing agent's marketing, tenacity, insight, and experience that separates your property from the hundreds of others available in any given area... and gets the buyer agents to bring clients to your home.

I would consider beginning your search with a call-out of agents on a neighborhood or community online news board (like the community pages you'll find on Facebook.) You'll be inundated with people pitching their realtor-friends to you... but many agents, themselves, will post, too. These are the agents most likely to be familiar with your particular area. 

Listen to their pitches... pick out three or four of the ones who sound best... interview them and select the agent who fits your personality and needs best!

If you haven't choose an agent, I would love to interview for the job.

Profile picture for theGGRE
I, one-hundred percent agree with Tim Moore's posting today!  Because of today's technology, etc. buyers (and sellers) are more educated about buying and seller than ever. Location, pricing it right,  professional photographs and staging the home will get you the Offer but from the Contract to Closing is a different process... that's where an expereinced Realtor comes in!  Find a Realtor that is in the business full-time.  Read the Zillow reviews, it's a great source!

You need an experienced, successful Realtor that can aggressively market your home and bring you buyers. Where is your property located? My company, Benchmark Realty has over 500 agents in the greater Nashville area. I can help you find one of our agents who has sold multiple homes in the area that your property is located in. Please contact me if you would like more information. Cece Wyant, Affiliate Broker, Benchmark Realty, [contact information deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Give me a shout out! You will get two realtors, my sister and I stage homes, do a great job in listing  representing buyers and sellers. Just sold two of our listings that last week. Had contracts within days of listings

Interview agents and companies you notice in your market.  Depending on the location, condition and price of the property it's very important to get the right agency/agent that will properly market your home and get it sold.  Some homes require more advertising than others while others may be perfect for investors wanting to buy and rent.  Talk to a few agents and have them do a market study and marketing plan for your particular house.  Ask if they deal with investors.  You'll know which ones are the best by the presentations and what they can bring to the table for you. 

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Often the best seller is not the best lister and the lister is who most people see bragging about the sale, even though they did not sell it. I have about $1 million is listings that sold so far this year, but I have over $6 million worth of homes I sold that others had listed. So who gets the most credit? The listing agent who didn't even sell it.

You are pretty well off just getting a good Realtor to work with that will price it right, take good pictures and get it listed in the MLS where all the top sellers can see it and sell it for you. That's how it works.