Profile picture for bartanyan

How do I find who built the home?

I would like to get an AutoCAD copy of my floor plan I was wondering if I could save some time and find out if the builder of my home still has it available.
  • June 09 2009 - Argyle Forest
  • 0

Always check with your local building department. Once determining the builder, then you can contact them for the plans.

If you do not have an auto-cad program, a pdf would be best.

Steven Zimmerman Realtor

You could try your local building department. If the house is relatively new, they may still have plans on file depending on your area or they will at least have the builder listed on the original permit for your house. The info is free and most local departments will do their best to help.