How do I fix the Zestimate on my home? It's not correct and it's adversely impacting my sale price.

November 01 2012 - US

Profile picture for Dunes ..
The room with people who have Fantasy Values concocted by Zillow is Large and full...the number of people who value Zestimates is small imo
Not much you can do...write your Value in the  Box and hope people see it seems to be pretty much the big move......Woo who!

If you'd like to share your opinion or get feedback from an actual Zillow employee I'd suggest emailing one/some/all of these folks
Ice L....
We definitely welcome your feedback or if you need help, feel free to contact me.

Neil Roxas...
You can definitely shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions

Others/More

Russ Hatfield  ..Customer and Community Support

Rachel Rosen ...Customer support

Spencer Rascoff...CEO of Zillow

Good Luck ;)

"What is a Zestimate?" provides some actions an owner can take.    The entire link is worth reading carefully.

If you have a different opinion of value, please enter it in the "owner estimate' section after claiming your home.

I don't know how you can change it.  The problem with Zillow, Truila and any AVM (automatic valuation model) is that they take averages of the neighborhood.  I am in South Florida, where on 1 side of the street you can have a multi-million dollar mansion because it is on the water, has a dock, and fantastic view, and on the other side of the street it does not have any features to speak of.  The AVM will not take into account that the property on the "bad" side of the street is less valuable than the "prime" property.  That is why the banks depend on Realtors to do an appraisal or a Broker Price Opinion as we are in the neighborhood and KNOW the difference.  Computer generated valuations are NOT dependable.