Profile picture for Ald256

How do I get Zillow to raise the Zestimate for my property?

I have completely refurbished the inside adding new tile, carpet, kitchen & bath cabinets & countertops, appliances, paint, etc.
Having a low Zestimate figure next to my for sale number will discourage anyone from looking past the price. They will not see my description. Please help me here.
Thanks, Al
  • July 25 2013 - Greater Sun Center
  • 0

Best Answer

In order to keep the Zestimates as objective as possible there is no way to actually adjust them directly. However, since you have made improvements to the home you should claim it as your home and then update the Zillow description of the home to make it as accurate as possible. This is the only action you can take as an owner that will potentially have any effect on your Zestimate. One last thing, even if your updates do influence the Zestimate is may take several weeks before you see any change in valuation.