How do I get a Zillow API key for my Local Market Exchange Wordpress Plugin.

• October 04 2010 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Elixir
This no different than getting the API key for your web site. If the wordpress blog is on a different web site, you need to get the API key for that domain.

Here's some additional API resources:
http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Zillow-API-Resources/

Here's the link to sign up for API or Zillow Webservices ID http://www.zillow.com/webservice/Registration.htm 

I am also looking for the Zillow API Key

Profile picture for CRoberts
To create your API account and get your Zillow Web Services ID (also sometimes called an API key), go to this page: https://www.zillow.com/webservice/Registration.htm

If you already have a Zillow Web Services ID and want to get access to one of our private API's (i.e., the API that powers the Market Activity Module in the Local Market Explorer Wordpress plugin) or if you need to increase the number of API calls you are allowed to make per day, go this page: http://www.zillow.com/webservice/APIUpgradeRequest.htm

Armando and Ishtiaq - I just changed both of your API permissions to give you access to the API you need for the Local Market Explorer Wordpress Plugin. 

Ishtiaq - I also sent you your Zillow API key to your hotmail email address.

I am also searching api key

Profile picture for wliu0

What is the easiest and quickest way to obtain a API key? I'm trying to create a macro in excel to automatically pull the monthly zestimates. According to this site, a API key is needed to do so:

http://excelmodelsforsale.com/blog/zillow-api-excel-example/  

I work for a investment company as a analyst. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Profile picture for DrewMeyers
If it's for your own personal use, then that would be permitted. But if you're using it in a B2B use case (which it sounds like you are), then that's not allowed.

Disclosure: I'm not a lawyer. Read the API Terms of Use and make the determination for yourself.

Profile picture for vikasiz
I just registered for an API, did not receive one
Trying to build a website where I can show the values from Zillow