How do I get a clear title?

My mobile home has a prior lien from previous owner, so title is not in my name. The lienholder is out of business, but was bought out twice with the most recent being Citigroup. I have tried contacting them for a lien release, but to no avail. The only document I have regarding the purchase of my home is a Bill of Sale. We believe the real estate agent committed fraud and fled the country. What else can I do so that I can get clear title to sell my home? Thanks!
  • June 19 2013 - US

You should contact the title company who was involved when you bought it from the previous owner. They should have provided you with a clean title and had the previous owner clear the lien before your bought it. Any title company should also be able to guide you as to other possibilities/options. I would also contact a real estate attorney to seek legal advice against the title company who sold you the home.