Profile picture for r3kirkland

How do I get a copy of the blueprint or floor plan for this house?

We just bought this house in Aug, 2009.  And I was just wondering how I could get a copy of the floor plan?

• Question refers to 8209 Red Wing Ct, Rowlett, TX 75088
  • 0

Profile picture for amandathomas
Naima and Cynthia both had great suggestions. I know this is an older post, but on the chance the simple building sketch might help you out, I thought I would offer it to you. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21826123/8209RWC_buildingsketch.pdf

What a small world.  I had put a bid on that house last year when it was being sold to investors.

The only place I can think of after so many years would be the permit dept. Builders are required to file one along with the blueprints to get the permit. I am not sure how long the city is required to keep the files, it could be too late.  But you can give it a try.  Here is a link with a phone number.  http://www.ci.rowlett.tx.us/Rowlett/Departments/Environmental+Services/Permits_landing.htm

Naima

Hi R3,
You are asking a tough question.  I live and sell homes in the Rowlett area and the subdivision that you are referring to has been in existance for many years.  Normally, a schematic is provided on newly built homes and most homeowners just do not keep up with them or hand them down to the next homeowner since they do not understand most of the paperwork they received when they purchased their home.

You might try a couple of areas though, planning and zoning at the City of Rowlett may provide some guidance or the county tax records to see who the builder was for that subdivision (the city may be able to provide that information; however, the staff has changed over greatly over the past year).  If the builder is still in existance, they may have past schematics in archives.  Otherwise, you may be looking at an engineer or architect.

Hope this information gives you some ideas.  I wish you the best in your research.

If you know of someone thinking of buying or selling a home, I would appreciate the referral. 

Sincerely,

Cynthia West Ellis, Realtor
[content removed by moderator]