Profile picture for elliedavis

How do I get a realtor referral in another state?

Me and my husband are moving the family to Tampa, Florida. Problem is, I don't know where to begin or who to trust in finding the best realtor for us? What I really want is a good referral. What's the best way to begin?

March 21 2010 - US

Hello!

I've been an agent in Tampa, Fl for 8 years. I work with buyers relocating to the area.  I would love to help you.

Please visit my Blog http://thetamparealestateinsider.com/

Rae

You're not fooling anyone you know. It is no accident that your two profiles registered the same day to promote a specific company website. Not a good idea, but not a new idea either. Now do the right thing, pick Mike Emery for best answer and we'll forget all of this ever happened.

If you know a Realtor in your area, or if someone can recommend a Realtor in your area, use them to help get you a referral for a Realtor in another state. As the previous post stated, they will be compensated a portion of the commission of the other agent for the referral.

The advantage is they can pre-qualify the other Realtor to ensure that the agent will be a good fit for you and is familiar with the area where you are planning on buying a home.

Hi Ellie! Getting a realtor referral is a common practice in the industry. And it's free because the referring realtor is paid as a percentage of the commission from the buyer's agent. Finding a good realtor referral is about first finding someone you can trust to make that referral. There are no rules of thumb for that. [Content removed by moderator due to self-promotion]