Profile picture for royceanne

How do I get my home off of Zillow?

Zillow is NOT good advertising for me trying to sell my home.  It continues to tell buyers that my home has gone down in value.  A potential buyer had it professionally appraised recently and the appraisal is MUCH higher than Zillow's estimate.  You are not good for me trying to sell.

April 14 2009 - Leonardtown

They take information from public record.  Your home details and assessment info is readily available from your city/county- often online. 

Feel free to write in your ad a buyer's recent appraisal came in above x amount. 

Zestimates seem to cause more emotional distress for the owner than it does for the buyers.  Buyers, represented by an agent, are shown a full comparative market analysis by their agent or order an appraisal. 

Real buyers (and not just those thinking about it ) get educated and understand an estimate is just that and Zillow hasn't been inside your home.

I saw there was an owner's estimate that you could use that may bump up the value- but I would just state the estimate is wrong and the appraised value is higher than x based on recent appraisal.  Agents do not use Zillow as a source in sending properties to clients and the Zestimate is not referenced and is meaningless. It seems to only help when buyers think they are getting a great deal b/c Zillow says so or makes them feel confidant on their purchase if appraisal, contract price and Zestimate are all close.

@roy

I know zillow is inaccurate about most things but are the dates right here? But I fully agree with you. Who the heck gave Zillow the right to make up valuations for private property the way they do? It's one thing taking public record information but another thing when using a random number generator like zillow does with zestimates. Then refusing all requests by the property owner to correct or delete the erroneous valuations is totally unreasonable and they need to be subject to some form of regulation to make them act in a fair minded way towards homeowners.

Zillow has an FAQ on the subject, describing why they don't remove data from public sources.   Here's a link.

Profile picture for royceanne
Absolutely not. Zillow is violating my privacy! And I have never puffed up my values. My home is not even for sale. I want it out of theZilliw database!

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
nevertheless zillow does not allow deletions from their databases, as the freedom of information is more important than puffing up your property values.

they say any publicity is good publicity, isnt that right?