Profile picture for derprof

How do I get my house removed from Zillow?

Zillow has mysteriously changed the location of my home to another suburb, and that has dramatically lowered the Zestimate.  I notified Zillow of the error and requested correction but my request was ignored.  Therefore, remove my home from Zillow.
  • April 26 2012 - West Chicago
  • 0

thank you Wetdawgs, I have tried your suggestion.  Hopefully it will work.

my request to fix my listing has been ignored multiple times.  My listing indicates my home sold with the date and the amount but still lists the information as "for sale by owner" with my contact information.  I still have people contacting me but the home sold.  I need this information removed but when I try to remove it, it states I am not the listing person on this home and therefore cannot make changes.  It doesnt make sense because I am the one who listed it, but now it wont let me make any changes and ZIllow will not make the changes when I have asked multiple times

@user0119503: 

To have a number of copies of your home removed from Zillow, open your home's detail  page, go to "more"  and chose "report problem with home".    in the pop up box describe that there are six versions and you'd like the replicates removed.  The one Zillow will retain is the one with the sales history and tax history.

why won't zillow remove incorrect data.  that sounds criminal.
they have my property listed SIX times all with different information.  i want it removed.

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
Location on the map does affect the estimates, as it affects what recent sales are within the "vicinity" (approximately 1 mile radius).

You can easily move it back; just claim it, and place a make me move on it to enable editing, and then drag the icon to the correct location, and accept changes.  Once corrected, you can remove the make me move and unclaim it if you want.

As for why the change?  Occasionally Zillow does complete re-do's of an area, fresh from the recently obtained county records.  But the method for Geocoding is still an "approximation".  I believe they are still mostly using the 9-digit Zip-code database from the U.S. postal service, and then extrapolating by address on the streets, which doesn't work for newer developments, and doesn't work for windy streets.  And doesn't work if there are street name discrepancies.

I keep hoping they will be able to use a newer database of Geocodes from the U.S. Census Bureau, but I've not heard if that is available yet, or even if they collected the Geocodes that I was told they would.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
They won't remove your home or Zestimate..that's the Bottom line

A couple of other posters have mentioned that issue a few months back. So what you're saying it that the location of your house on the map was right and now it is wrong?

I wonder if it's a mapping software error or something like that. I didn't think that the location on the map affected your Zestimate, but it might. Do you think that your number changed significantly after the move happened on the map?

Profile picture for mariasimsteam
According to Zillow's policy, they will not remove or make changes.  As an sales agent, I can tell you that other agents and buyers understand that the Zestimate is only an estimate.  It in no way determines the true value of your home.  You can claim your house and put an objection to it, but Zillow will not remove it.