How do I get my listing to show up in the right location on the map search?

• March 02 2012 - Fishers
  • 0

Profile picture for OshNissan
Kim,
 In my market this tends to happen with agents that are not from our area. In our town we don't use pre-directions (N,S,E,W). When an agent puts in 123 N Main instead of 123 Main, the MLS pins the map in the nearest town that has a N Main; in our case Chicago. This also happens when someone uses the wrong suffix; St instead of Ave. So I would say first check Realist or whatever program you use to access the tax records to ensure you are posting the address as it is in the tax records. Second, if it pins incorrectly still, your MLS service should have a standard process to move the pin. The take away is to always check the pinning once your listing is up. Because if it is in the wrong place and someone does a rubberband search in the area your listing should be pinned, your listing won't show up and you potentially lose a buyer. Cheers, Osh