Profile picture for bostoncj

How do I get my property off MLS if Agent will not take it off?

• October 04 2013 - Boca Raton
  • 0

Hi Bostoncj,

My regrets that you are having such a difficult time with your real estate agent and the broker.  They should both know better.  If a customer signs a listing agreement with me and then decides they want to cancel the agreement I will ask what I could have done better and then ask them to sign a cancellation to file with my paperwork.  I say I'm sorry things didn't work out for us in this transaction, good luck with your new agent.

You can certainly file a complaint with the real estate board.

If the company you signed with is part of a large national franchise I would also send a complaint to the CEO of the organization.  The agent and the broker are certainly not representing the company in a favorable light.

I wish you a a satisfactory solution to this situation.

Profile picture for bostoncj
Hi Santiago:
Thank you for the response. Not only did I contact the Agent within 24 hours after signing, but I went to speak with the Broker and she refused to give me the keys to my house back. When I told her I demanded the keys she refused them and told me I needed to leave her office. When I stated I was not leaving  without the keys she called Security to have me escorted out of her office. I called the Police, but they could not get me back the keys so now I have contacted an attorney. The Broker told me under no circumstances would she let me out of the contract, nor would she give me the keys to my home. So after that I had to change the locks on the doors, because I am not working with an Agency which had me escorted off the property.

You have all the right to have the agent to change the status of the listing on the MLS. If you want to terminate the listing with the agent, send a request in writing to the agent and to the broker. Let them know that you are terminating them and if the listing is not off the MLS on a couple of days you will file a complain with the state Real Estate Board.

Profile picture for bostoncj
Thank you so much. I wanted to post my home for rent and  I contracted with an Agent on 10/2.  On 10/3 the Agent  had made numerous mistakes with the listing details and I told her I did not want to move forward. She posted my home without an exterior photo even. She said she was a Professional, but she comes across as a novice not knowing to put a photo of the outside of my home. Today I went to speak with the Broker as the office has the keys to my home and the Broker refused to give me my keys. I demanded my keys and the broker told me she was not going to give them to me.  She called me a Lunatic and then she called Security to escort me from her office. I told her I was the homeowner and I wanted my keys which she snidely stated she would not give them to me.  I am a 5'4" female so I certainly was not threatening to her in any manner. I told her I was calling the Police and she said, "Make an a** out of yourself more so than you already have. I called the Police and they could not get my keys back, so I have contacted an attorney. If the Broker thought I was a lunatic why would she want to deal with me? She told me she was not letting me out of my contract and she said she would not give me my keys. I could not believe the unprofessional attitude of the Broker. I was in shock by the entire ordeal because I was not expecting to be told I could not get the keys back to my home. The Agent just got it on the MLS and I told her within 24 hours I did not want to list with her. They obviously got very upset to show such an unprofessional demeanor, but I thank you for the response.

All listings that are put in the MLS stay in the MLS indefinitely for historical purposes. However, if your agreement with your agent is over, the agent needs to change the status of the listing. If your agent has not done this, I would recommend you call his/her broker directly and discuss it. Best of luck to you!

Ask his/her Broker to take it off MLS and cancel the listing. If agent is independednt, contact Department (Bureau) of Real Estate and/or local Board fo Realtors and they will help you.