How do I get out of refinancing with Roundpoint Mortgage?

All we have done is order the appraisal.  The communication is horrible and after reading some of the other reviews, I'm wondering if this is a real company.  I just received an "urgent" request for documents today, on a Friday afternoon.  It mentions that I need to sign the documents they have sent me and follow those directions PLUS send them copies of our ID and SS Cards.  I haven't seen my card since high school.  Help please as I am already unhappy with the service. Deb Brown
  • August 10 2012 - Williamston
  • 0

Best Answer

Send them something IN WRITING that lets them know you wish to cancel your application and no longer authorize them to charge your credit card for the appraisal fee.   (assuming an appriaser has not already been to your house)

That way you have it documented in writing and can fight the charge with your credit card company if they try to charge your card anyways.

Hi, Thank all of you for your answers.  The appraisal was scheduled for Monday, and I tried calling the place [not open until Mon.] but I did send an email to try and contact the appraiser.  I will contact my credit card company also.

I sent a letter to my original contact person and the next contact person and canceled my appraisal AND the refinance process.  
I don't have anyone else to contact, so I hope that works.

I have not received any documents from them at all, just a huge list of what they want from me.  In that list, they want me to sign documents but----can't do that if I don't have any.

Thanks to all of you...I used all of your info! 
Deb

Profile picture for Go Huskers
If you are going to cancel, you need to do it prior to the appraisal being completed or you will end up paying for it and not being able to use it with a new lender. 

Withdraw your application.   If appraiser hasn't been to your house, ask for reimbursement of the appraisal fee.