Profile picture for The Woods Apartments

How do I get the water line blueprints for our apartment complex in Oklahoma City

We are having some waterline problems and need to know how to get the layout of the waterlines.  We are an apartment complex in Oklahoma City.  I contacted the City of OKC and talked to the Engineering Dept.  They suggested I called the Building Permit Dept.  They could not help me out either.  Our apartments are approximately 30 years old.  We have hit a deadend!!  Who can I contact to get the blueprint of our waterlines? 

September 08 2011 - Oklahoma City

This is something I get asked a lot, how and where do I find plans for my underground plumbing.  This information does not exist.  In regards to the plumbing system, initially when plans are drafted up for the design of a building, the fixture locations are designated.  How the system is built/installed is the responsibility of the plumbing foreman.  The foreman will build the system with the parameters and fixture locations set forth in the blueprint.  I have used electronic devices to find metalic pipe underground.  An experience leak detector should be able to do this.  Since this building is 30 years old, they either plumbed the water lines via a looping system or in some cases, they will use fittings.  Before calling out a plumber/leak detector ask them what brand of equipment do they use.  Metrotech is a brand that I found to be the most accurate.

Good Luck