Profile picture for JanThrelkeld

How do I go about getting a home with the lease to own option? I am relocating from NC .

I need a fenced yard, I have dogs, have been living on 3/4 acres and had about 1500 sq ft in a manufactured home with a sunroom. I cant afford more than 65K
  • March 21 2014 - US
  • 0

There are a few, but they are very rare.  Contact an agent in the area.

Plan on a large non-refundable down payment.
Plan on monthly rent being larger than fair market rent, the different goes towards purchase.
Plan on your choice of properties being slim to none
Plan on getting a mortgage at the agreed time and price, or losing the property and your money.

Usually it is wiser to identify why you can't purchase and work to improve credit score(s) and down payment so you have less risk and more choice.

Please do a search on the Internet for homes with "lease option to buy". Yo will find a few websites with properties. Good luck.

Profile picture for pknott
Jan,

As Tammie mentioned below, finding a good realtor who knows the area you are moving to is the best place to start.  I am in the Chicago market, but most areas in the U.S. have an MLS software system in which Realtors can place a search for current properties available for sale that have the lease option field activated as acceptable term criteria for the sale.  An additonal way to go about finding other possible properties is to check the homes for rent that are offering a lease purchase.  This is done with the Realtor you are working with in much the same way as was done when you search for homes stated above.

Good luck!  I hope that helps you! 

Jan,
It does depend on where you want to relaocate to. Here in Troy, MO We do have sellers that offer owner financing or a lease with an option to buy. You should contact a good real Estate agent that is full time, in the area that you want to relocate to, explain what it is you are looking for, and allow them to help you find something that will suite your needs :)We are all here to help! If you dont have any luck, let me know where you are going, I will see if I can find a good agent for you :)