Profile picture for b say89

How do I go about moving from the Colorado Springs to the small- town country side of Colorado?!?

My family and I would like to re-locate to a small town preferably with a couple acres outside of Colorado Springs! We want our kids to get raised on country living and having responsibilities around the house! And be able to let them go play outside! How do I go about finding a home like this? Is it possible? We are looking to move out of town around September/ November!
  • May 03 2014 - East Colorado Springs
  • 0

Profile picture for ToddNagel
Hello friend,
Seems like admirable goals. I think one question that is most important is would you like to be in the mountains, foothills or plains? Frankly, awesome communities exist in any of these types of places. Chores may look a little different or they could be the same in any location. IF you are interested in the plains I would check out Ellicott. My kids are in a conference with the Ellicott schools and thus far it has seemed to be a pretty nice community. Of course they have land all around. If you desire the foothills I would lean toward the Palmer Lake area. If you would like to be more mountain living I would either consider UTE Pass(Cascade, Chipeta Park),  Woodland Park or Crystal Park right here in Manitou looking down on the Springs. Best of luck.

A couple of smaller county towns east of Colorado Springs are Elbert and Peyton and you will be pleasantly surprised how much further your dollar will go in these areas buying homes with some land in these areas.  If you need more assistance on how the financing is set up on these types of homes feel free to reach out to me for assistance.  Best of luck.

There is a road that heads West out of CoSpgs and runs right by the Broadmoor and ultimately starts heading you towards Cripple Creek.  As soon as you get about 5 minutes past the  Broadmoor and up and over that small pass, you drop down into an absolutely gorgeous valley with lots and lots of land and little ranches speckled around.  That might be a really nice place to check out and would also leave you fairly close to the city.  I also think there is a small area just south of CoSpgs in that Red Rock area that looks to have large parcels of land. I don't know the values so you'd Have to check it out.  Those two options at least leave you in a Mnt setting. The other option is to head further south towards Canon City or Pueblo or head East out into the plains.

Jay Feaster