How do I have zillow update the price I purchased my house at, it's currently incorrect.

Zillow currently has the purchase price of my house listed incorrectly.  How do I have them update it.
  • October 26 2013 - Berwyn
  • 0

Profile picture for dinanelson
Make sure they get the sold comps for the local market, not just national average or tax valuation, which often is lower than the actual appraised value. Every market is different.

Ask your agent to fix this for you. 

I bought a HUD foreclosure house, checked on Zillow regularly and it didn't update. It's latest transaction was showing the foreclosure before I bought it.  There's a link to claim the home as yours.  Once you do that, you can submit sales date and price, make changes to the amount of bedrooms, baths or other details which may be incorrect and Zillow will investigate then make the changes.  I did it and now I track the Zestimate on my home as it goes up in value.

That's a great suggestion, Sisters!  The public records would be a great place to start.  Also, you can claim the home as yours and you can make changes on Zillow's site too.

Patty Harrison
Smart Mortgage Centers

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Zillow records sales based on public record.  If they have the wrong amount perhaps your tax records are wrong also.