How do I improve my credit when my payment history is very good, my amount of debt is very good, but

How do I improve my credit when my payment history is very good, my amount of debt is very good, but my recent opened accounts is fair and my  recent opened credit cards is poor?
  • April 06 2012 - Tampa
  • 0

30% of your score is made up of balance to credit ratio.  If you have a credit card with a $2000 high credit limit try keeping no more than $100 on it.  This can artificially raise your scores.  The longer you have the account open the better so I would not apply for any new revolving debt.

I only Lend in Florida!

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Sadly, time. Your accounts have to age. I needed to establish positive trade lines after not using much credit for many years. So now my credit is slowly crawling upwards as I wait for those accounts to age.

I think www.myfico.com is a great website to learn about credit and ask specific questions. Try the forums there, they may have better ideas.