Profile picture for steve686

How do I know what I qualify for

• November 12 2013 - US
  • 0

I think you need to find an experienced lender, well reviewed on Zillow, who earns your trust, and go through a pre-qualification process / detailed discussion to see exactly what you can do. Most of the online calculators can't take into account all the nuances of such a complicated transaction, nor can they suggest alternatives (co-applicants, gift money, helping to increase your credit score, etc). Feel free to click on my profile and contact me directly if you think I can help you. Good luck.

Contact a lender and he will let you know exactly what you qualify for and what your payment will be, if you need a lender let me know

The best way to figure out how much you qualify for is to speak with a lender directly. Lenders will analyze different aspects of your finances including your income, expenses, debt, assets, liabilities, employment, down payment, and credit score/history to determine whether you can qualify. With this information they also determine how much you can qualify for. I recommend that you speak with a lender like myself that would be happy to speak with you. Well I hope this helps, if you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page. I hope this helps and good luck!

@steve686:   If you take your cursor up to "mortgage rates", you'll see the option called "affordability calculator" in the drop down list.  Click on it and put in your parameters.    It will give you a hint, although your credit scores will also contribute when you actually talk with a lender.

Profile picture for steve686
Thank you I thought I could get some kind of idea before I contacted a lender

Get a hold of a lender that you want to work with and the will tell you what you qualify for

Contact a local lender in your area.  They should be able to tell you how much you can qualify for.