Profile picture for adamondiahman

How do I let Zillow know about the sales price of a home?

The home directly across the street from my home sold on June 30, 2013 for $585,000.  The address of the home is 13558 Moose Ridge Circle, Riverton, UT 84065.  Zillow says the house is worth $373,767.  Obviously it is worth more.  My home is larger and more expensive than the home that just sold.  Zillow says my home is worth $489,171.  Obviously my home is worth more.  My address is 13563 Moose Ridge Cir, Riverton, UT 84065
  • September 08 2013 - Riverton
  • 0

Profile picture for Carol Darrow
Zillow is not correct with cities that have individual homes outside of the cookie cutter houses. 

It is done through a mathematical formula and does not apply with places such as Topanga, Ca. 

Profile picture for hpvanc
You can't at current. For the future you can write to your state legislators and encourage others to do the same, to make UT a disclosure state. Keeping transaction prices opaque only benefits shady operators.

Utah is a non-disclosure state. This means that sales price of real estate isn't available publicly as in other states. So, of course the zestimates in Utah are not accurate for this reason. Public records is where zillow gets their numbers for valuations. In Utah we take the zestimates with a grain of salt. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

To get a real estimate of one's home one would have to either have an appraisal done or call a Realtor.

I looked up this address on the local Multiple Listing Service and I'll just say the sale didn't close on that date nor for that price, but close on price.

Its only a computers 'opinion' , NOT your real value. I would not worry about it....

Read through this and learn what a Zestimate is, and isn't......