How do I list my House for Sale by owner, I just had the worst experience with an agent.

April 02 - Brick

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Curious how this experience of spam, call me's ect. in response to your question rates on the list of Agent Experiences? ;)

Best of luck with the sale of your property

PS...here's a pretty decent article from About.com about the Selling Process..
Home Selling Path A to Z

April 04
I do a lot of business in Brick, and I live here personally. I'd be happy to help you by sharing some of my flyer templates with you. I'd even be happy to loan you my open house signs, if you'd like to have an open house yourself. Feel free to email me! My address is [Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]

April 04
Other than listing your home here on Zillow as mentioned below, there are tons of other websites that you can post your home on such as www.owners.com, www.forsalebyowner.com, etc. I do suggest you team up with an escrow company to handle the money so that there are no issues between you and the buyer.

Keep in mind that not all agents are terrible. If you have trouble selling and decide to go with a new agent, I would interview 2-3 agents before making a decision. If you need a list of questions to ask the agents to help pre-qualify them, feel free to ask. Good luck!

April 03

There's is only one type of worst experience.  Your house didn't sell.  Even though a number factors will point to one or more blameable reasons, the only reason that counts, is the agent didn't get it sold. 

Since you are obviously being bombarded by agents looking for another listing in an environment very short on good listings, I'll offer you something they don't.  No sales pitch to list your property.  Not even the need to talk on the phone.  Send me an email and remind me of this posing.  I'll send you answers to your questions and tips on many of the things you won't just stumble upon on your own.  Without which, you will waste a large amount of your time. 

April 03
you are doing yourself a huge disservice listing your home by yourself.  Go to the Zillow realtors in your area and find a true professional.  Trust me, we are out there.  Read realtor reviews under their names.

I wish you the best of luck!!  

April 03
Just wanted to apologize on behalf of the 10% Excellent agents out there.  Not all agents are created equal

Good Luck

April 02
I know you are a good agent but I prefer trying this on my own, Thank you for contacting me if it doesn't work out maybe I will contact you.

April 02
Hi User9055276, I am sorry for your bad experience with a real estate agent.  I would be happy to give you pointers and suggestions on selling your house without using a real estate agent. 

April 02
No, Since my listing expired 6 weeks ago the calls have NOT stopped  who do you trust.

April 02
So sorry you had a bad experience.  Brick is outside my area, but I'd be happy to discuss some techniques for finding a real estate agent who would work well for you.

April 02
Profile picture for RizaB
Hi user9055276 -

Kindly click this link for the instructions on how to list your home as For Sale By Owner on Zillow.

For more information about our website you can visit Zillow Help Center.

Riza B.

April 02