Profile picture for Hal Hovey

How do I load a Zillow widget to a Wordpress.com blog?

I'm trying to add the Zillow Median Price widget for my area to my Wordpress.com blog, but all that shows up in the widget box is the URL for the chart, instead of the actual chart itself.  If I click on the URL it takes me to the chart, but it won't display inside the widget box. 
  • January 25 2011 - US
  • 0

Hello, I am having the same issue and already went to wordpress.org to install the database. I'm wondering if there is anything else I might be doing wrong. I appreciate any help!

Profile picture for mattbowers
Haha, yeah, I should probably put it in the FAQs, huh?

Profile picture for Hal Hovey
Matthew, thanks for the answer.  After I asked this question Zillow took me to the list of previous people who had asked this same question!  I didn't even know that forum existed.  At least I know now where to research questions in the future!  Thanks again!

Profile picture for mattbowers
Hi Hal, unless you go to wordpress.org and install the wordpress database to your own server, you can't use our widgets. Wordpress.com does a pretty good job at preventing users from installing widgets in general by stripping out data from an external source, like Zillow.