Profile picture for toni_navarro

How do I post the real tax rate for my home?

Taxes are listed for a number of homes in my area, although they appear to be grossly under-stated. How do I post the true property tax for my home? Additionally, the schools listed for Colchester, VT are all wrong. Colchester has its own school system with three elementary schools, and middle and high schools. Children in this town do not attend Burlington schools.
  • May 31 2011 - Colchester
  • 0

The school issue and the tax issue are separate things. School information is largely based on distance on Zillow and I think that it comes from an outside site education.com. You can claim your home and update the schools immediately so the correct ones show. I did that for my house. It was easy.

The issue with the taxes is different. If Zillow is getting the wrong information for your area, they may have gotten a bad or incomplete data transfer from your assessor's office. I believe that you can flag the house with the hotlink to "report problem with listing" and let Zillow know that the tax data from that house and local area is not correct. Then, they can look into it. Hope it helps.