Profile picture for dschaben

How do I reach a broader audience to sell a rural home?

I am selling a home in rural Northeast Nebraska.  This would be a great retirement home for anyone trying to get away from it all.  It is located in Orchard NE.  A town of 400 people.  How do I reach this audience?  I know Zillow is a start, but it is not like my house has a hotbed of visiters(all 78 clicks are mine).  Just wanting to know what advertising secrets there are out there that would get the place sold in the worst selling market in History.
  • December 23 2008 - Norfolk
  • 0

Good Morning:

Besides various websites, I often use local area newspapers or area interest newsletters since alot of local folks read these and may know or have interest in staying in the same area or know someone who wants to live there.  Also I will advertise in adjoining areas for the same reason.  Networking within and outside of my company also helps me with my rural listings so having a larger presence allows for maximine exposure for my clients properties.

Good luck and I hope I have been of some assistance to you.  Any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Have a nice day!

Tracie T. Wang

dschaben,
Spencer from Zillow here. One suggestion I have is to check out Showcase Ads (click on the bottom of any page of our site on the "Advertisers" link). They're zip code targeted, so you pay for each zip code that you want your ad to show up in. The ad shows on searches and home details pages for homes in the zip code(s) that you select. This would be a good way to get the word out about your house in other areas.

Other suggestion I'd have is to post it on craigslist tool, and link to the listing page on Zillow.