Profile picture for klacour65

How do I remove agents claiming to be the listing agent on my home?

address: 734 Forrest Trail, Atlanta, GA. 30318 - two agents are claiming my home

March 25 2010 - Channing Valley

I would guess that you are speaking of agents that are paying for advertising.  Agents can pay extra money to claim listings in an area in the hopes of getting buyer leads off of your home.  

April 16
The agent that has your house listed for sale is this one here. He also has it listed on other sites besides Zillow including this one here and your house may be on an automatic feed to Zillow and other sites.

You can flag it and Zillow can remove it, but I would contact the agent directly to make sure that he removes it from all feeds so that your house does not show up for sale anywhere on the internet. 

They are probably agents that bought advertising space on the site you searched in that particular zipcode.

If the listing was received via an automated data feed from Listhub as is stated on a prior answer, then you can take it from there. If however another agents contact information shows up when you pull up your listing, that is simply a matter of that agent using marketing stategies to get the added exposure which as another contributer, a realtor, agreed that if it helps get the house sold, the ultimate goal will have been met. Listing and Buyers Realtors share commissions all the time. As long as the agent whose contact info shows up when you pull up your property isn't outright claiming to be the listing agent, then I don't see any problem with it.

I understand this was probably an impropriety, but, on one level, one has to wonder what is so bad about someone else showing your listing if indeed it results in attracting a buyer? In my market, it is not very common to sell one's own listing, and we are more than happy when a listing gets more exposure by whatever means possible. I tell my broker colleagues -- go ahead and give others permission to advertise it! When push comes to shove, there is no way they can steal the listing commission.

Profile picture for Faye
  • Faye
  • Contributions:4313
klacour65 -

I checked the property and I can see that the listing was received via an automated data feed from Listhub. We advise you to contact the agent and have this listing remove from the feed. Once it is remove from the feed, the "For Sale" will no longer be showing on the page. Agent's contact information can be found at the bottom part in your home details page. Please check on this listing.

My guess is that these agents are not cliaming to be the listing agents on your property.  These agents are probally assigned to certain area to show propertys within those areas.

Hope that helps.

Profile picture for Faye
  • Faye
  • Contributions:4313
klacour65 -

I would like to know if you are referring to the property listed on your Zillow account.

Call a pest control company and explain your problem!

Profile picture for rockinblu
Flag your listing and explain the problem.