Profile picture for Raypapa

How do I remove my home from your listing or how do your cust. service dept. help me to do so?

This is the third email request to your site to remove my home from listing or to send me text instead of flash player video instruction of doing so.  I feel very annoyed that your company has not responded to my request in today's advanced email/internet contact that your sit has claimed,  If I still don't received any email response nor instrection from your company's customer service dept., I'll escalated the issued to your company head and also consumer protection bereau.

Home to be removed from your site"
10 Ottawa Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112.
from daraypapa@yahoo.com
Homeowner.

• February 25 2011 - Outer Mission
  • 0

You can definitely make that argument, but so far the State of California does not agree. Houses that are not listed generally do not have enough information for Zillow to post a Zestimate or there is missing information in the public record so Zillow does not post it.

The laws in CA do not favor privacy for homeowners and the best way to make a change in that is by contacting your local legislature. An opt out should be available at the County level when the house is recorded, but many places do not offer that.

Other states like Texas don't allow this type of information to be posted, but CA has not taken that route. They see free access to public information as a plus. I think internet privacy is important, but the laws in some states do not reflect that view at all.

Profile picture for Raypapa

How come certain homes are not listed at this site.  Do your own test and see what I mean:  when you key in someone's address you get a bunch of homes in the neighhood but just cannot the exact zillow info. regarding that specific address about which you enquire.  This is the exact result I want my home info. to be on this site.  Although home info. is public data and CA State allows it to be posted at Willow.com, it doesn't mean each homeowner unable to protect his/her privacy under consumer privacy acts.  If a consumer's address and phone numbers can be withheld or unlisted from various companies, then his/her home info. should be withheld from Zillow.com.

Your house here is not listed for sale and is only listed with public information that is available to anyone who wants it for free from your local assessor/recorder's office. 

As far as I know, Zillow does not remove public information or Zestimates by request since they are legal to publish in CA. They have an explanation about the policy in a video here and a written post here. Hope it helps.