Profile picture for icy06

How do I search Land for Sale in my area?

I have tried selecting "Lot/Land" button, but there is no where to update the current sale list.  Not sure how to search anymore.

December 06 2010 - Denton

Your best bet is to call a local realtor or brokers office. They can access their MLS system which will have the active listings for land only properties. Ask a realtor if they'd email them to you for your review. It takes no time for the Realtor to do this so it shouldn't be much of a problem at all.

Sites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia etc. are great for informing consumers about real estate, but the drawback is that they don't have the most up to date information. And, as you have found, it's difficult to search for something a little atypical than your standard house or condo. Find a Realtor you trust in your area - they will have access to the local MLS and can find listings that match your requirements. Don't know an agent? Ask around - friends, family, co-workers...I'm sure someone can recommend a good Realtor to you. If that doesn't work, I can always refer you to a fellow Coldwell Banker agent in your area. Good luck!

Sally Grenier
[contact info removed by moderator]

Best bet for searching for land would be on a real estate agents website in your market area. Would also be a good idea to work with the agent to let them know what you are looking for so when they find out about deals before they hit the MLS. A lot of land never makes it to the MLS depending on the use for the land and how much.