How do I settle my nerves during the underwriting process

We have been pre-approved( not prequalified) and the offer has been accepted and signed. We go to fill out the loan papers tonight but our lender said the loan process has already begun. We were given a close date of 10/31.....I'm still so nervous. I'm nervous that the appraisel will come in low or that our loan will be denied. I'm losing sleep and just a ball of nerves. We have to give the place we are at now notice that we are leaving but I'm so afraid that our dream home will be taken away. Is this normal?? Anyone have some positive thoughts for me??

September 20 2012 - Green Haven

Chose a loan officer who is good at communicating about the process with clients.  Be on top of providing what is requested, promptly (and in duplicate if requested more than once).   Touch base periodically (ask the loan officer what is the right balance between being on top of it and nagging)

What do you normally do when in a tense situation?   Some people go lie on the beach in Hawaii, some have a drink (cup of green tea anyone?), some go to the gym for extra vigorous work outs,  some meditate (ooooommmmmm), some chew their fingernails and tear their hair.    If your preferred stress reliever is shopping, put the cap on that one.

Yes, this is normal. Some of my borrowers call me everyday until we get a  commitment. Ask your lender if you were approved by LP or DU prior to sending to underwriting. (LP & DU are automated underwriting software used). Although a person-underwriter has to approved this is usually a good guideline to use.

Sounds like you need to find a Loan Officer that will give you very detailed updates where exactly the loan is in progress.  If I have a file that moves from one side of my processor desk to the other the borrower is notified.  With them not giving you up to date details it is nerve racking as to why I stay away from EVER doing that.

You are so normal for a 1st time home buyer.