How do I tell my realtor we don't want to use her anymore?

We are first time home buyers and our Realtor is part time. They have another job and it sometimes clashes with our work schedules to view houses. They are also relatively new to the business so I feel like we are the blind leading the blind. I like their personality however I keep hearing that they should be the ones emailing me houses not me sending them ones. (they have sent me 2 total in this month) and that i should be able to contact them anytime so as long as it's a normal business hour. I also was told that they should have all the info on a house we are viewing BEFORE we get there so that I don't have to ask them 20 questions each time. OR that when I ask them to find information on a  listing it takes them days to get back to us. My DH wants to fire them but I don't know how to approach that.

May 16 - US

Thank you everyone for answers, I did have a conversation with them and we are still working with them (much to my DH dismay) However I took a step back and told them to send me houses that they think we might like and that if I send them a house I need to know that they got my request at the very least.  As for my friends who all have purchased houses, I have taken a step back from getting their advice. Home buying is stressful without people telling you that you are doing it wrong at every turn. 

June 21
You should fire them. The buyer assumes all the risk in the transaction, and you need proper, professional representation. Buyer representation is a full-time gig. Hire a full-time, exclusive buyer agent to represent you. It doesn't really matter if you tell them the truth about why you are firing them, or make up an excuse. Just don't allow them to do any more work for you if you don't plan to continue the relationship.

May 19

Let's encourage people to be honest and forthright, shall we?

May 16
Just call them up and/or send them an email and blame it on your significant other.......i.e., I love you, but my (you fill in the blank) just isn't feeling it with you, so I'm sorry, but (fill in the blank again) found another Realtor thru a friend.

Good luck.......It always sucks to have to fire someone you like.

May 16

Virtually all real estate problems are communication problems, and you have a communication problem. You have expectations that they may not be aware of, plus you have a secret advisor that the agent isn't aware of.

The reality is that your agent isn't going to like being fired, especially since they didn't know what you expected from them. However, since you're not happy with them, and you are a person of integrity, you have to tell them that they're fired.

May 16
It so important to have trust in the knowledge of your broker, It sounds like you don't. Just be honest with your Broker , and do NOW!!! Most brokers will set up to receive Email updates daily that will help you say on top of the market in your price range and area good luck

May 16
I agree with the replies below. In the todays current market working with a part-time Realtor can cost you the home of your dreams, money- if they aren't skilled negotiators, and have the experience you need to get all the facts on a property. Just be honest with your agent, and do it quickly. Sometimes you get agents who do not respect your wishes, and if you need to, don't feel bad speaking to their office manager or Broker. It happens. Good luck finding your next home, and I hope the next Realtor is the right fit for you!

May 16
The home is the most important Asset you will own, and purchase with your hard owned dollars.  Also, you're a serious Buyer and the Agent should be "seriously" finding you what you're describing.  Not everyone is a good listener.  

It's awkward; to fire a Realtor.  If you think about it, it's business. If what you're saying you "find a home"; does it pan out to be available for sale?  I've had people find homes for sale, only to find out it's been Sold or is under contract.  All of these social media websites grab second hand information; to our Agent website.  A good Agent, will search on an "auto search" DOM, days on the market 0+ to find the newest listing with your criteria.  I've also had difficult searches, where someone wants a $400k home for $200k and then, there isn't any listings coming up in my search.  In all fairness to the Agent, is your search a realistic one?  Regardless, she should check her auto search daily and follow up with a phone call, if something comes up.  I hope this helps you....Good Luck! 

May 16
Have an honest discussion with your agent, but break up with them honestly, quickly and ask for a release if you need one. Tell them they are not showing you house in a timely way, not sending all listings and not focusing on your house search. 

Say you are sorry that it did not work out, but you need another agent. No hard feelings, but that you are unwilling to continue this way.

May 16

This is always a hard task to initiate. But the best answer is, just be honest with them and explain your frustrations. Sometimes the client and Realtor just don't fit. And it's better for both to realize it and move on. You want someone who keeps your best interest in mind at all times and has the experience and knowledge to satisfy your confidence in their abilities.

May 16
It's hard for new Realtors or part timers to understand just how much time and commitment goes into this line of work.  Passing the exam doesn't make you a skilled agent.  It just gives you the legal right to operate as one.  The skill comes with experience.  That being said, every Realtor has to start somewhere and no one is perfect.  However, buying a home is the most important (and expensive) decision you will ever make in your life and you deserve to have someone strong represent you.  You should call your Realtor and explain everything.  Be honest, he/she will understand.  If you feel guilty, make it up to them by referring them some clients in the future when their skills are more polished.  Best of luck to you in your buying endeavors.  

May 16