How do I update the photo on my listing?

I do not know where you got the photo on my listing, but it is not up to date.  What do I or my realtor need to do, to replace it?
Peggy Keller
  • April 05 2012 - Rome City
  • 0

Zillow rarely "grabs from the MLS" as most of the approximately 900 MLSs are not syndicated with Zillow.  (This is a common misconception.)   Therefore, if the property is for sale or rent, the best way to figure out where the photo is coming from is to open the home details page for the property, scroll to the very bottom and click on the listing source (in blue).   

If the property is not for sale and it is one of the standard three (aerial view, satellite view and/or street view), those are from other sites and sometimes seem ancient.  If it is another view when not for sale, you can claim your home and either delete all the user added photos and/or upload up to date photos.

Your Realtor should be able to log in and change the pictures.  However usually zillow grabs from the MLS so you should check to make sure your pictures are fresh everywhere.