Profile picture for Stella.Myers

How do i remove a negative rating

• January 09 2012 - Fort Myers
  • 0

I am glad that your mother is doing better. I would contact your Premier Agent rep directly and talk to them about having the review reviewed. That is your most direct route to get it looked at. I read that there is a system in place to look over reviews like this.

Profile picture for Stella.Myers
Thank you everyone for your input & shedding some light for me. I know that I will be more selective to the emails I respond too from now on. This person was already working with a Realtor who had her property listed on the MLS, I told her there was nothing I could do until she either cancelled the listing agrement or it expired. I then looked it up, the property was in shambles and all she had done was complain that the listing Realtor wasn't doing his job by not seling it (at top CMA value)!! RED FLAGS ALL OVER!!
My Mother who lives out of state then unexpectedly went into a diabetic coma & was hospitalized for almost 4 weeks. We are blessed to still have her. I may not have set my email to auto reply (as she suggested I do in her rating) but I kept in touch with MY clients, via phone,text or email.
Thanks Again.

Profile picture for shasta_steve
Well good to know then.  I thought you could only write a review if you actually had a transaction. While I still think the whole system is a joke I guess it does make sense that anyone who had professional dealings with an agent could write a review.  I also see that some of the reviews I have flagged were probably good by Zillows rules but I still think they were fake but then again there is no way to know. 

So does this mean that if I email a certain realtor, who tends to spam the board every morning, I can then write a review?  Hmm.  Just kidding.  

Profile picture for Dunes ..
The definition of "Client" that Zillow uses is pretty much..
Can they create a Profile & post

If they do not answer emails inquiries they can be reviewed

"A review was submitted for your Zillow profile indicating that you did not respond to the Reviewer's inquiry. Consumers who contact you through Zillow or otherwise have the opportunity to share their experience by submitting such a rating and review.

Since we realize that things outside your direct control could have contributed to this, and because we assume that you have every intention of following-up with leads, we are extending you a "Free Pass" and will not publish this review on your Zillow profile. Please note that this is a one-time courtesy and that you will not receive a "free pass" for similar reviews submitted for you in the future. We kindly ask that you follow-up with any and all leads that come your way, and that you ensure your Zillow profile is kept updated with your most current and reliable contact information." LINK

@Shasta-Steve:   One does not have to complete a transaction to submit a review.   This came up a few weeks ago  (linked here if interested)) The FAQ is not totally clear as it uses the words "buyers and sellers", but "communicated with" can be something as simple as E-mail contact through Zillow.  (Note: I'm not writing in support of the policy, simply sharing what we learned a few weeks ago in another thread.)  If you go to one of Pasa's Dec 16 posts in that thread you can see the list of ways (as a screen shot) people may have interacted with an agent that are acceptable for reviews.

"Can anyone write a review?

Only buyers and sellers who have communicated, or worked with an agent can write a review and submit a rating on that agent."

Profile picture for shasta_steve
It looks to me that the review would not stand to Zillow's, admittedly very loose, standards.  If I remember right to put up a review you actually have to have completed a transaction.  If that is the case then the person who submitted the review should have never been allowed to do so.  I read reviews all the time where the person did not complete a transaction but if they are good then there does not seem to be a problem.  I have flagged reviews in the past, for especially annoying agents, where the review said they only met but did not complete a sale.  

I guess you have to draw the line somewhere and even though I think the current system is a joke at best.  If we allow anyone to put up a review then I think it would be even worse.  I know there are a couple of agents who post on here I woud love to review, based on nothing but their comments but that would not really be fair. 

If the events did not happen, then Zillow may consider removal.   If your perspective is different from the reviewer's perspective, then you  have the option to respond.  However, be very very professional and gracious in your response because your response will also be evaluated by anyone who reads the reviews.

Profile picture for Stella.Myers
Yes... it was underserving so I would like it removed or flagged. I don't know about the Zillow shams I just know what this person has said to be an untruth. I am fairly certain that I am not the first person to recieve a review like this ... so I will ask Zillow to re review it, then respond to this person only if needed. My objective is to learn and possibly help other Real Estate Professionals caught in this sort of situation.

Thank you for your input though. I can appreciate constructive criticism.

Stella, just a suggestion:

Publically posting that you wish a negative review removed sort of admits to the desire to make the review system even more than a sham than it already is.

I believe its possible to post a reply to the review, where you have an opportunity to explain your side of the issue.  You may be better served doing this and I'm pretty certain the Zillow community would be as well.

The Zillow FAQ on Reviews addresses this issue.  here's a link to the FAQ.

Scroll down to "What if I don't like my review? Can I delete my reviews?"