Profile picture for drizzit

How do we find history of a house such as deaths or disturbances.

January 24 2009 - Eugene

Knock on the neighbors doors, introduce yourselves and ask them!

May 17
If you want to find out the criminal history of your home if you check with the local police department they can tell you how many if any crimes or deaths occurred in you house natural or otherwise and its free. That is where I would start. Now with google being such a powerful tool I would google your address to find out if any news story were done about your house at any time. If your house is really old the county you live in usually has micro fish records you can look through. While your at the county you can have them give you the names on the tax records and again you can then search those family names for deaths at the residence. 

I have actually been asked this question before and the things I listed above usually helped them find the answers they were looking for.

Good Luck

May 16
Profile picture for YvetteMartinez4
I was having things happen in my house, my son was 7 or 8 we always hear thing in the house ,people been chock up in one of the bedrooms, ,u feel someone touch u ,u look no one their water running ,pots and pans falling but not one out ,my son would wake up talking to a lil boy, he would be shook up saying the boy was going to hurt him, and me ,i was ready to sleep in my car with my son, a lot of people have heard and seen things in this house, a lil boy I use to take care of didn't talk much or very good, came to me in told me a lil boy lived in my bathroom, name carlos ,i told him to show me were ,he pointed to my bath room, were the water would get turn on, ,but I got some holy water and I blessed the house my self ,every room in it ,and the people that live here to, ,i told the spirts
 they are not wanted here ,to leave in follow the light,i have had no trouble since then,

May 13
Profile picture for RoySmith83
I have things happen around our house I want to find out about our property and history of the house or any deaths here what's the best thing to do can u help me please.

April 25
Remember one thing sometimes its not the home that's haunted its the property. Property is there longer than homes are. Whether  a new house or older home the property never moves.
Sometimes the people who have died there don't know they have past away.

April 04
Profile picture for williamapowell3rd
If you have feelings of dread/sorrow in the house for no apparent reason, and feel cold spots, it's bad.  That much negativity is generally the sign of a bad/aggressive entity.  

If you are just hearing voices, and nothing bad is happening, i wouldnt worry about it to be honest.  You can go buy a regular digital recorder and put it in a room. Make it a point to use your normal speaking voice for a few hours/day, and same to anyone else in your house.  If you go back and comb through hours of silence, youll come across whispers. And since they are whispers (with you using full speaking volume), youll know it isnt you. 

In the rooms where you have "heard" voices, put the digital recorder there, and speak to whatever you think it is.  Ask it basic questions "what is your name"   "why are you here"   "are you hurt"   "are you lonely". Dont ask it anything silly like "can you show me you are here" (aka use all of your negative energy to manifest something bad).

A few other points:
*OUIJA BOARDS SUMMON BAAAAAAD THINGS. DO NOT USE ONE, PERIOD. EVER
* Dont ask your entity to perform in front of a camera or on a recorder. They get upset...usually. 
* Ghosts are just energy, that is all.  Something very important happened in that house (not necessarily traumatic) that left a "scar" or some sort of impression.  I've done an investigation on a house where the family saw the apparition of a little girl walk from a bedroom to the bathroom once in a while and disappear.  Well, that girl, turned out, was still alive. She lived in that house for 40 years, and the "event" that left the impression there was just the fact that she was there for SO long and did that trek back and forth to the bathroom every day from her room for a long long time. Think of yourself puting your foot in a puddle of wet cement....your impression will be there for a long time, until it is crumbled.  
* If you have a good "entity" in your house and notice it, its because you are more sensitive than others and have opened your mind a bit.  You can shut this off.  The less energy you feed something, the less it can manifest.  Spirit activity can drain cameras and batteries when they manifest in the form of voices, or apparitions. They feed off energy......dont give it any.  

I hope this helps. 

January 03
go to diedinhouse.com  They charge 11.99 per search

Profile picture for TonyPort
That works too ... this person is more concerned of the entities that surround them in their home but dang god info to go on.

This is a very interesting topic. The more you talk about it the more deeper it goes. Using crimereports.com, you can look at the crime reports filed in your neighborhood within a certain time period. It provides specifics, not statistics and requires that your local police dept. be an actively reporting member. Also, depending on how far the records for your neighborhood go back, you could use this to identify murders, robberies and any other crimes at a specific address. 

Profile picture for TonyPort
Hearing most of you guys posts are ridiculous...

If you are having problems with hearing voices, do what that other person said and check with your courthouse for the information, they will have it.  Don't talk to the realtor because they will just think you are crazy... I believe you and I know this post is old but im responding anyways...

You need to call a person in the paranormal field so they can go and do evp work in your home to see what you have in your home.  You will have skeptics come on here and deny the facts but you you and your children hear it so do that, then call the assessors office for the information.  Don't go calling some demon expert because that can make matters worse.  Best thing to do is ignore them, they can't harm you only in your mind if you choose to freak yourself out so don't do that.

What exactly is your concern or what are you looking for?

Contact the assessment office in the county court house and speak to someone with knowledge about the homes in the area...  also try the zoning office at the courthouse and ask both of the above offices if they know where else to try...  and yes the local police office is a great place to try.   You can ask the neighbors or the local mail man... etc... be creative, think like a private investigator.

Profile picture for LeilaniKealoha
i have a home that was built in 2000 and i have problems with hearing voice's and my children are spoked by the ghost or whatever is in my home.. we are renters.. and im wanting to know how to get the history on the property it was built on..

I would go to the local police department.  Realtors may not make any representations in this area.  For local crime stats try www.dogwatch.com.

If you have concerns about a potential property the first place I would look is the local police department.  I am sure they have records that could point out any "disturbance" . Next I would ask the seller's agent if the property is stigmatized in any way. Lastly I always recomend Google or any of the other major search engines. 

One way to find out is to check your local news papers web site and type your address in and see what comes up. As for a high crime area neiborhood scout is a good start.

Profile picture for lamesha1
was there a death at 18459 moinca detroit,mi

Real estate is local, this may not legally need to be disclosed upfront, but it is always in the best interest of all parties involved to disclose this as buyers will likely hear about an unusual home history from neighbors or other community members. Your real estate agent can ask any listing agent to have a seller disclose this information.

Whenever you are looking at homes and have concerns about the history of a property, just like any other priorities you might have, be upfront in discussing these concerns with your Realtor- it's her job to make sure your needs and priorities are met.

Many years ago my sister bought a home that had an unfortunate and untimely death. Unfortunately there is no legal mechanism that forced disclosure and she was not happy to hear the news. I can guarantee you that the older a home the more likely someone has died in the home especially since in earlier times folks were more likely to die at home than at the hospital or nursing home.

Profile picture for 1wry1
I would suspect that most older homes have had former residents pass to the Country Fair in the sky.  Maybe a search function is available at the Register Guard.  It seems that old time news articles used to list addresses more frequently.

go to the back pages of the Eugene Weekly?  many services listed there.

Sunnyview  "do rituals with smoldering herbs".  Yes, this is common in Eugene. 

In Eugene, you can check the police reports with the address. That will not cover ghosts unless they prompted a 911 call. It will cover any emergency/police calls to the address within the lifespan of their database. Give EPD a call on their non-emergency line and see what is available through the freedom of information act from them by address. Most Eugene houses are laid back and friendly just like Eugene people. If you are truly worried about ghosty disturbances instead of police reports, I know there are multiple people in town that will "bless" your house or do rituals with smoldering herbs to cleanse the area of old occurances.

February 18 2009

Hello,  I would suggest you hire a real estate attorney who conducts abstracts or title searches for the recorded history/information on the specific property of interest.  You would need to include the additional fact finding request "deaths or disturbances" in your search inquiry. 

February 18 2009
For downtown Portland, you can go to portlandmaps.com and get crime reports for any neighborhood.  I don't know about other areas.

As for deaths--harder, unless they're in the crime report.  Suicides aren't considered "material facts" in Oregon real estate law and therefore do not have to be disclosed.

Profile picture for cyberbibo
I don't know but it would be cool to know.