Profile picture for Hazel Yoshida

How do you become a local expert and rank on Zillow?

How do you get the Local Expert Designation from Zillow?  I noticed someone that just joined is ranked #1 for my city....how does this work?
  • January 28 2009 - Murrieta
  • 1

Chris - she has 616 contributions and 5 reviews!  How much more does she have to "contribute"?

Personally, I don't think they really update the information.  Half the agents that are local experts in my areas aren't even full time agents and sell less than 6 homes a year.  Alot of the local experts for my area don't contribute on this website either. 

You can join the zillow army.
Don't forget to salute the superiors.
Hazel,
The best you can do is best help those around you.
Dont worry about ranking on zillow.
Try ranking on Bing, Yahoo, and google.
Try to do your best as an agent and always answer your phone and respond to those who call you.  It will take you much farther than any rank you can imagine.
Personally I answer the "online questions" I am in the mood for at the time.

Asked almost 2 years ago. And still somehow I got a local expert badge for a place I have never been and know absolutely nothing about.

I posted a lot on a thread that was based in a certain area. My replies had nothing to do with that area at all. Yet somehow I became a local expert of an area I had never heard of.

A local expert badge sadly does not mean you really know an area well. It just means you posted a lot to questions that had that location as their origination point.

The more you contribute the quicker you will move up in the rankings. It also helps if you are a premier agent (paying agent).

Good Luck

Zillow is not going to hand you your local expert badge if you are not active on this site with contributions, listings and input. I am sure that you are very successful and knowledgeable about your area. Once you are more active on Zillow, I'm sure they will see that for themselves, but until then I can't see them handing out that badge.

You can get information on becoming a local expert in this Zillow video here. Maybe you could also start by working on your All Star Badge. The video for that is on the same linked page. Hope it helps.

I have been selling exclusively in Sun City/Hilton Head for 7 years.  Our office is just outside the back gate to the community.  We have four partner/owners and one of our owners was the first lady to sell real estate in Sun City.  We were the #1 selling office in 2008 and every year before that.  We are presently the #1 selling team - MGM Partners.  If this doesn't qualify me for an expert badge I really don't know what else I can say.  thank you for your time and appreciate your quick response.