Profile picture for marybo

How do you come up with your home price estimate.

I see my home has gone down in price and other homes around me have risen in price.  My home is larger, etc.  What happened to change this all of a sudden?
  • August 20 2011 - South Beaverton
  • 0

Best Answer

Maryfo: Good quesiton. My approach is to do a Compative Market Analysis (CMA) after learning move about your house. I take into consideration house of your configuration, and location. Look at those currently on the market, those currently under some form of contract, and those that sold in the last 60 day,

Profile picture for marybo

Thank you.  I am taking for example, the houses across the street .  They are smaller, built same year.  Previously they were worth less than mine.  All of a sudden, they have risen @$3000 and mine has dropped $2400.   What happened.  I know the neighbors and they haven't done anything to their house.  How does Zillow figure that all of a sudden, my house is worth less than comporable but smaller houses?