How do you dispute your value of my home

My home is valued at $567k and the identical house next door minus a pool is $418K
No home on my block is even near the value. I have had it appraised and your estimates are way off. This should be noted.
1160 Basswood Place, Concord, Ca 94521

September 15 2012 - Concord

"I recommend sending a copy of your appraisal report to Zillow. I was told by an employee of Zillow who I appraised the home of that they can use it to change the zestimate value they have on their website." -

Totally "FALSE"... there is no manual way to tweak the estimates at all; it is an automated process, and no appraisals will be even remotely considered.  They will go straight in the trash without anyone even looking at them.

You can post your appraisal on your home details page as an image, and you can post your estimated value and the reasoning in the space provided.  Then viewers can see the your opinion, and the machine opinion, and can come to their own conclusions.  But sending Zillow your appraisal is a waste of time and money.

See the FAQ "what is a Zestimate".

I agree I would not worry about what Zillow has it as but I understand that for most homeowners it becomes a personal matter. I recommend sending a copy of your appraisal report to Zillow. I was told by an employee of Zillow who I appraised the home of that they can use it to change the zestimate value they have on their website.  I hope that helps.

As Tim said in this thread, its only an opinion, I wouldnt waste my time. I dont and I think my Zestimate is low.....

Zillow uses publicly available information to create Zestimates. It is difficult to take into account a property's condition unless it has sold recently and the price reflects the condition. 

Also, there is often a good deal of missing or incorrect information in a home's detail page. Then when an owner or agent lists the home they correct some of that information and it has an effect on the Zestimate. So what seems like a bias, is sometimes explainable. 

All in all, people worry too much about Zestimates. 

Profile picture for rwbruce
You are correct the Zestimates appear to be unreliable and perhaps biased if the property is listed on Zillow. We have a total of 5 properties on a small shared private lake located in Shelby County TN just outside of the Memphis City lines. The property to the north of us which appears to be in the worst condition is listed at county tax value which if you put both parcels together is higher than our property located at 5604 Crumpler Road Memphis TN 38141. The property adjacent to us to the east is showing the highest zestimate and has several areas needing repair (cracked swimming pool, old roof, and large unfilled hole in yard (approximately 20 feet wide 12 feet deep) soft wood at some window casings very old airconditioning units that appear to be undersized (this is all in my opinion based on visual observations)). The county appraises the other two properties at much higher values as they are newer construction and yet their zestimates are considerably less (and they are not listed for sale on Zillow). So in short I can compare our scenario to yours and in my opinion the Zestimates are worthless.

My suggestion is to not bother, no one takes it seriously anyway.

Tim