How do you obtain information on properties?

Dear Sirs, 

I could not find you email or phone number on your website. Therefore, I would kindly request that you take the information pertaining to my new home off your website. I do not want my property address, photos, and or other information regarding my home on your website at all. I will need to forward this to a third party for review should my request not be carried out within the next 7 business days. I have taken advice from a qualified layer, and would note further that you never orally or in writing received my explicit consent to use any data you may have on my property to the public.  My mail address is mrhudson007@gmail.com and should I not hear from you in 7 working days I can assure you other measures will be taken as this is a serious breach.  

Kind regards,

Shawn M.J. Hudson

September 30 2013 - Marysville

Yup, as wet said, photos can be taken down.  But basic information is accessible to the public. 

You said you contacted an attorney (even though you said you would allow 7 days). Would you mind telling us what they advised you?

Photos tend to be left over from when a home was advertised for sale/rent.  You can remove the interior photos of your home (and other user/agent added photos) by claiming your home and deleting the photos.  Instructions can be found in the Zillow help center.    (You can be done in a few minutes).

Here's a link to "Can I remove my home from Zillow?"

So basically even though I own this home you are stating that photos of the inside of my house can be put on any public website without my permission?

I have already contacted a lawyer about this and have been advised. 

Shawn

Information contained on Zillow is the same as public record or from the MLS.  There is nothing secret or private being revealed.

Some folks may find it unnerving but there is nothing illegal about it.  Like Karl said.  Save your money.

Shawn, it is public information. Your home is searchable just knowing the city you live in and your last name. Sorry that you are so concerned. There are measure that you can take to "hide" ownership. Such at taking or transferring title to an LLC, or some other name. But as for the actual property records, those are public information, in this instance taken directly from the seller or the sellers agent's website.

Sorry to hear your bothered, but there really isn't a lot you can do about that. Don't bother calling a lawyer, it will just cost you $ and get you little to nowhere.