How does "Make me move" work?

• September 03 2013 - Squirrel Hill North
  • 0

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Paul, this is where you can set your Make Me Move price.

Profile picture for PaulUhlir
I can't find the make me move button. Where is it in the navigation? I want to set it for my house. Thanks!

The properties that are listed as "make me move" are not currently on the market. For this reason, they are not available on any other website. However, the owner has decided that if they got the listed price, they would consider moving. This is commonly used to test the market in terms of price and interest in the property.  

Profile picture for blue screen exile
I use my "make me move" to tell agents to not bother calling since I set the asking price way beyond anything even considered remotely reasonable.

And if they do call, I state "it is already listed, if they want to make an offer, they need to put it in writing", then I hang up on them.

Obviously, no one could possible get a mortgage for my asking price, so I will consider 10% down and will finance at 8% annual interest.  I will still walk away with substantially more cash than it is worth.  Or they can give me an all cash offer with no contingencies.  Site visits are not being offered.  No lookie-loos welcome, especially members of NAR.

I am not offering any agent nor brokerage commission of any kind, even though it states I will "work" with a buyer's agent.  Obviously, if the buyer's agent brings in anywhere close to my asking price in all cash, they will get 3% commission.  If the the offer is for seller financing with 10% down, they get 3% of the 10%, or 0.3% commission.  Which still is not bad considering my asking price.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
Works like this

Zillow tells the Public

"Make Me Move is a free and easy way to tell others the price you'd be willing to sell your home for, without actually putting it on the market. It's the "dream price" you might accept if someone offered you that price."
Zillow FAQ

Zillow tells RE Agents
"Have you checked out Zillow's Make Me Move functionality?
"Make Me Move" allows homeowners to indicate a price that would make them sell.....Hello, don't you think they will be prime seller prospects?

Some sellers are unrealistic in their pricing. But regardless they are exploring the possibility to sell. You can filter listings on Zillow by searching for Make Me Move homes in your neighborhoods.

Pick up the phone and tell them you are a Realtor who represents a lot of buyers and interested in checking out their home. There you will have a face to face appointment with a potential seller"
Top 15 Listing Lead Strategies
(MMM is #3 on the list of 15)

If you decide to use it...Good Luck

Have you seen a "Make Me Move" that you're interested or are you considering doing this yourself?  Make Me Move is a very interesting concept and I have come across it quite a bit recently.

Molly Finley
[Hotlinks removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.]

Profile picture for Neeraj Jassal
Make Me Move allows you to display a price that would allow you to consider selling your property for without actually formally marketing it.

Thanks for your question!

If you have any more questions, please contact me.

Thanks again!

Amanda Milinkovich
Northwood Realty Services
[Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]